Friday, June 13

LA Burdick Chocolates, Boston

After spending a grand total of ten minutes on Harvard grounds, we headed over to Harvard Sqaure because I felt most comfortable in the company of cash registers and price tags. However most of the shops could be found in New York and somehow we landed up at LA Burdick Chocolates, home of gourmet artisan chocolates and pastries.







Edward was in the mood for macarons and we had one of each. Rose, coffee, lavender, passionfruit and ginger. Thicker than usual, Burdick’s macarons were baby mushroom caps filled with buttercream. I’m also not the hugest fan of macarons but the look of delight on Edward’s face was worth every penny.

In a bid to see how far we could stretch our sugar quota, we also had their signature Burdick, layers of almond wafers and rum ganache, topped with white chocolate and pistachio; and apple tart, with cored apple rings nestled comfortably within the flaky crust, accompanied by rich cream on the side.


Apple Tart







It seemed only right to order hot chocolate at a chocolatier. It was s0-so... ok... I've had better.




Edward was telling me the last time he visited Havard, a graduation ceremony and the guest speaker was William Gates III. I told him he could have taken a peek at The World's Richest Man by pretending to be attending his sibling's ceremony.

Edward, "Wouldn't have worked because I was in jeans..."

Me, "Well you could have said the invitation indicated 'Dress code: Smart Casual' and since
Havard students are Smart, I figured I was 'Casual'..."












I wasn't quite expecting to see this in Boston. But at least, it was a peaceful protest.

No comments: