Sunday, February 28

Happy Lunar New Year! 2021 edition

 Happy Lunar New Year, folks! Hope you had a fun, crowd-control festive break. This year sure was a lot different - ie quieter - than past years. Out with the 50+ pax family gatherings or house-hopping; though it was less boisterous, I've to admit I kind of like this year's pace. And instead of doing the usual photo dump, I thought of listing out my top 5 favourite moments of Lunar New Year celebrations.

1. Our annual family photo

Yup, got to keep up with this tradition. Every year, it gets a tad trickier as the boys are not fans of photo-taking and their cheekiness gets the better of them. Nonetheless, it is always worth shouldering on and capturing these memories.
 




2. Smaller gatherings

It was hard to pull off a steamboat without a substantial crowd but I am so glad we managed to have steamboat at my parents' place this year. A couple of gatherings with colleagues-turned-friends and cousins also livened up the otherwise-quieter-than-usual mood. Second time to Empress and I still love it!



3. CNY flower arrangements

I was sooo close to forgoing this year's arrangements. Work was absolute crazy and I thought of ordering some flowers for my mum and mother-in-law instead. However, I decided not to let the stress get the better of me and gamely trooped down to the nursery on CNY eve. There wasn't a huge selection left to be honest but I think I made good use of what I managed to grab.



4. Quiet time with the family

Less visiting and house-hopping meant more time with our immediate loved ones. We made an impromptu trip to my uncle's place which had a legit treehouse and organic vegetable plot.




5. Taking the Monday off

Oh, to take Monday off is such a luxury - and awesome idea! We took the kids to Jewel which was exceptionally lovely with the usual crowds and even managed to have a fantastic lunch at queue-less Shake Shack (gasp!). Love love love the 'shroom burger!




 
Hope you all had a lovely Lunar New Year break!

No comments: