Wednesday, September 15

Raw Bonding

With our parents vacaying in China, my sisters and I did something unprecedented - dinner together. It's strange to think that this is the first time we've done dinner together sans parents but with one of my sisters back from Hong Kong and the other back, er, in school, it seemed only natural to do dinner together on a Saturday evening.

Photobucket

I really like Raw Kitchen Bar. It's located at the old Bukit Timah firestation, not that this means much to me since I don't live in Bukit Timah or ever had to dial 995 (touchwood)... but I guess that adds to the whole Refurbished-Industial-Chic charm.

One of our starters, ahi mango poke, was easily my favourite dish of the evening. I thought the zucchini pancake was a little meh till I reached the heady balsimic goat cheese sandwiched between. The ribs looked killer good but we didn't have the benefit of hindsight - or that.

Photobucket

Instead, we had a meek mentaiko pasta, eggy-love squid ink rice and an awesome tangy saucy balsimic duck. For desserts, we mooted for cocoa with a molten chocolate cake and caramel chocolate cake, both paired with the cheap sort of vanilla ice cream I could live with; the fried cheesecake was a novelty and of course, I would swoop the strawberry coulis for cheap vanilla ice cream any day.

Yeah, it's true - I rather have dinner with my sisters than paint the town red. It did help that we shared a good laugh over each other's cam-whoring antics and my younger sister's now-signature arm-poised mug shot.

No comments: