Sunday, May 30

Snapshots of May 2021

Well well well, May found us in semi-lockdown, not-Circuit-Breaker-but-sure-feels-like-it Phase 2 (Heightened Alert). I don't know about you guys, but I am languishing BIG TIME. Last year, I really dug the novelty of Circuit Breaker; I was painting up a storm, making IG-worth meals and relishing the peace and quiet. The time round, I am t-i-r-e-d and b-l-a-h. But I'm not beating myself up over this, I'm giving myself some time to get through the long days and even longer weeks. It's tough times for everyone - I know how lucky I have it, so I'm trying to find every smidgen of positivity in our daily lives.

A quick shout-out to all mums out there - HANG IN THERE! Plus we got to celebrate Mother's Day... Quite frankly, I don't care for these one-off occasions but we did the PC-thing celebrated with my in-laws.

 
 
I decided to try my hand at Uni Pasta - 
while pretty, I have to say I still don't get the appeal of uni.

 
These Wagyu MB5 striploins, on the other hand, came after my heart - which of course also means I had more than my fair share.
 
 
  
My MIL brought over the loveliest Fruit Tart from Ma Maison. 
Not kidding, it was probably one of the best fruit tarts I've had in a while - and I had quite a few pies in this lifetime.

 
 I do love thes handwriteen cards and I keep every single ne of them.


Before the clamp down, KW and I visited the recently re-opened Park Bench Deli for their massive sandwiches. That porchetta - worth writing home for!


I did also manage to catch up with a couple of dear friends and we had these amazingly fun DIY handrolls from Rappu.

And there, we traveled the world from Korea to ...


Japan (Yup, still gettin' our Genki fix) ...
 

 
Italy ...

USA (with these mighy fine burgers that KW made) ...

UK (where I tried to make Kappacasein’s cheese sandwich from Borough Market)...


And of course, back to my favourite local dish!
Left: My fav from Ang Mo Kio Ave 10.
Right: A real worthy contender from Gimme Face


 
I'm grateful I still get to swim and run - and enjoy these beautiful sunrises!

 

The boys are well. Luckily we got to visit (yet another) recently re-opened SuperPark. Plus we got an archery set from Decathalon, which turned out to be pretty fun!


 
xoxo


No comments: