Monday, November 19

PS Cafe, Raffles City & One Fullerton

I have a soft spot for PS Cafe. It was a regular haunt of mine pre-marriage, pre-kids aka A LIFETIME AGO. If you searched for 'PS Cafe' on my blog, you might find more then 10 articles. Heck, I even did a dessert summary post not once (link), but twice (link). Oh, those young and carefree days.

I found myself at PS Cafe twice over the past couple of weeks - a surprise birthday for a friend at Raffles City and celebrating Russell's graduation with my in-laws at One Fullerton.


PS. TRUFFLE SHOESTRING FRIES

At Raffles City, I tried a couple of new-to-me dishes but before we committed to anything, an order for them truffle fries were made. You should have seen the carnage. It's like watching people overdose on crack - not pretty.


PS. CAESAR SALAD + GRILLED CHICKEN
poached egg, smoked bacon, baby cos, baked croutons, parmesan, chef's dressing


SUZY’S SPAGHETTI CRAB ‘MEE GORENG’ 
wok-fried with fresh crab, king prawns, spicy tomato sauce, silver sprouts

BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN
smoked jalapeno aioli & bbq sauce

I don't know what was more amusing - that we ordered mee goreng or that it was actually pretty good. I was really surprised by how much I liked this dish.

Fried chicken isn't groundbreaking but they are absolutely irresistible fresh out of the flyer. Awesome sharing dish.

 

PS CAESAR SALAD 

 

GRILLED CORN RIBS 


WINTER SALAMI MARGHERITA
tomato, mangalista salami, mozzarella, scamorza, cheddar


BIANCA FUNGI
portobello, king oyster & button mushrooms, sage, 
mozzarella, truffle oil, garlic confit


At PS Cafe One Fullerton,the pizzas were good with generous toppings - albeit on the chewy side. Undoubtedly, we ended our meal with a darling sticky date pudding chosen by Russell. 

No comments: