Monday, October 30

Moomba Tuckshop

Prior to this, I had only visited Moomba Tuckshop once. At around 8am, the place was eerily desserted and there was ZERO items behind the display counter. For my breakfast request, a scowly member of staff informed me that they weren't ready for breakfast (despite the 7:30am opening time) and proceeded to ignore me by centeralizing an oh-so-intense focus on her penne salad.

"Honey, I asked for a skinny cafe latte.. Cut that double shot of attitute, willya?"


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But as we had ran out of new places for breakfast, Jimmy and i decided to pay Moomba Tuckshop an affable visit. As you can see, the eatery was relatively empty at 8am; in fact, apart from us, there was only one other sit-down patron while a couple took away coffee. The sole staff was friendly enough though I wondered how she's going to cope if more customers came in at once. Perhaps, this is a problem they might never have to face.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Scrambled eggs, ham, bacon and fresh tomato on brioche toast, with mushrooms on the side.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" -- "Let them eat cake"

The brioche toast with butter and jam exceeded expectations as I was expecting a couple of nondescript bread slices with prepacked butter and jam. I know what you are thinking, "What's the big deal? It's only toast.. " Weird as food fetishes go, I have a thing for grilled lines so the geometric lines on the brioche literally "had me at hello". What am I saying!?!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Bacon Spinach Muffin.

Savoury muffins are uncommon and let's just say, odds of actually finding a satisfactory one are just about as high as . Oh well, I haven't exactly veered from the sweet side after PS Cafe's Cheese and Bacon Muffin disaster. There was certainly no scrimping on the ingredients in Moomba's Bacon and Spinach Muffin and don't worry folks, this Popeye-unfriendly version was choked full of bacon, with sparse strands of spinach thrown in for good will.



I just might visit visit Moomba again.. Once I am sick of Cedele and Coffee Beans's cranberry muffin.

No comments: