Sunday, July 28

Birthday lunch at Jam at Siri House, Dempsey

Happy birthday to me! I had a lovely lovely lunch at Siri House on my birthday with  KW. It was a quiet day otherwise but lunch at Dempsey on a quiet Friday afternoon with my isgnificant other half - that was all that mattered to me.

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by JAM at Siri House. Instagram is mostly filled with photos of influencers and socialites. which somewhat dilutes the perception of how good the food is. Refined plating, big bold flavours - not to mention sick decor. I’m sold.







Both starters were really good. Creamy burrata and fried shallots smeared on toasted sourdough. Plus finger lickin’ good chicken oysters that were meant to be dunked in that umami sauce.

The prawn pasta is one of their signature dishes and it’s an absolute delight too. It’s not a big portion but it’s crazy rich so a couple of spoonfuls is more than enough to satiate.


For me, steaks have always been celebratory food and the steak here was pretty good (though KW’s steaks remain unbeatable'casue I'm super biased) and that Thai-inspired sauce superbly cut through the rich gamy flavours of the steak.

I was stuffed by the time we finished our mains but kw persuaded me to have dessert. Yuzu ice cream, apple calvados and white chocolate mousse was the most perfect to end our meal. 


No comments: