Friday, June 21

Amano Restaurant, Perth

Our lunch at Amano was life-changing. Like 'Oh my god, where have you been all my life?!' I normally find pastas really insipid but every dish here was a flavour B-O-M-B. I told KW they must have added cream because it's incredibly rich and silky. I couldn't help but ask for their secret and to my surprise, the manager told us they don't add any cream because "real Italians don't add cream to their pastas." I'm not sure how true that is but I believe it. *Serious face*

The scallops were beautifully done and the aracinis were perfection.The pappardelle was comforting, but I was really taken with the seafood fettucini and tortellini, which were just brimming with flavour. What a fantastic way to end our trip in Perth!


Capesante mare e monti
Seared scallops with pea puree, basil tomato leaves, 
split noisette and lobster jus 


Arancini
Home made traditional mozzarella, 
parmesan and tomato arancini 

Tortelloni
Squid ink tortelloni stuffed with barramundi and scallop mousse 
served with bisque reduction, confit tomato, dill, chives, 
shellfish jus and roasted garlic crumb


Pappardelle
Lamb, wild mushrooms ragù and chives, 
finished with parmesan cheese


Fettuccine allo scoglio
Seafood home made fettuccine with mussels, 
barramundi, octopus, cherry tomatoes, tossed in a light white wine sauce

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This article is actually a good one it assists new net visitors, who are wishing for blogging.

Anonymous said...

I not to mention my pals were actually taking note of the nice secrets and techniques located on the website while quickly came up with a terrible suspicion I had
not thanked the web blog owner for those secrets. My ladies
came absolutely glad to learn all of them and have in actuality been enjoying them.
Appreciation for simply being quite kind and then for pick out variety of
fine tips most people are really eager to learn about.

Our honest apologies for not expressing gratitude
to earlier.